Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Leaning On Prayer!!

     This past month and a half has been difficult for my sweet girl...which has now worked its way to taking its toll on me.  Oh how I wish I was so strong all the time...but I am weak and fall short often.  I stay strong in front of my daughter to ease her worry and fear.  Inside I am a mess some days.  I have learned worrying gets me nowhere,  so I cast my worries, fears, and everything else to The Lord.

     I know I have said before but, I am not a person who shares my emotions often, but believe me I have more than I know what to do with.  I pray and pray a lot.  I speak to The Lord in the car, in the shower, when I lay in bed at night, always.  I pray and pray all the time.  Sometimes when I know I am alone, knowing I won't be "caught",  I sit and cry.  No word spoken to anyone just my pleads to The Lord through my tears.  Lately it has been my release from being strong 24/7 for Cora.  

     Then last night I decided to get on Pinterst and as I scrolled down just a touch I found the below scripture from Psalm 56:8.  It did so much for me.  I could feel God speaking to me, answering not just my spoken prays, but my tear prayers as well.  I picked up my Bible and turned to Psalm 56:8 and began reading.  I felt The Lord hugging me, letting me know that he will be with Cora and care for her.

     Now I can't say there aren't moments when I look at her, that I don't feel hopeless....Knowing I am unable to take away her chronic pain, her palpations, her breathing hardships, or any other health obstacles she is facing.  But I know with my constant prayers and appreciation for the Glory of The Lord..."I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13.

Blessings until next time.
Drena

No comments:

Post a Comment