Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Taking A Risk!


     I recently read a blog post by Rachel Wojnarowski that touched me so.  She wrote about following God's will when we don't understand it. The part that spoke to me was her discussion about taking a risk. She spoke about risk and how it requires the need to place all your security and faith somewhere other than thyself.   As I sat and reflected on what I had read, I could see how this applied to my own life.

     Each time I write a blog post I am taking a risk. I'm risking sharing more of myself and my personal feelings.  This is frightening for me because I have trained myself, over the years, to guard those deep emotions and feelings.  Peeling back this layer of myself I am exposing myself to all who read my work.  I am opening my heart and letting you see the real me. All my imperfections and short comings are out there for everyone to read and see.  Am I frightened you might not like my writing....absolutely!  Am I concerned that exposing myself makes me to vulnerable...you betcha ya!  Am I frightened that I will be judged.....not so much!  Why you ask? Well because I am placing my security, love, and faith in God, who I know loves me dearly in everything I do.
     For many years I put all my deep feelings on paper.....sharing my happiness and my pain with my journals only.  Deep down feeling this urge to write and express myself but never taking the risk.  Years later here I am.  I have prayed for a long time for God to share with me my talent.  All along I thought it was just me wanting to write but not seeing it......all along it has been God.....nudging me, telling me this is my talent!  I can look back and see that my journey over the years has lead me to believe this.  Believing in God and his plan for my life, has lead me to educate people through my writing in many ways.  I have released all my insecurities.  Seeing that the talent I have been given is God working in me to fulfill his purpose.  With that my heart sings with joy and my soul feels complete.

"For it is God which workers in you both to will and to do of his good purpose." Philippians 2:13 


Blessings until next time!
Drena
 

No comments:

Post a Comment