Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pleasing The Heart!


     What a busy week.  Cora and I had a little Mommy Daughter time.....at Children's Hospital.  We had a follow up appointment that well....wasn't one of our best visits.  But that's for another day to share!  Today I wanted to share something so pleasing to my heart.....and Cora's.

     Let me back up for a minute.  I am so proud of my two older girls.  They are so artistic and can create some of the most beautiful pictures.  Whether they draw it or paint it they are true masterpieces.  Me on the other hand...not so much!  
     I remember when Cora was 6 she asked me to draw our family so she could take it to school for show and tell.  I did my masterpiece and gave to her....so proud of my work.  Sweet Cora looked down at the picture, looked up at me and said, "Those aren't people they are lines."  I explained to her that was how I made people, stick figures.  She was so sweet informing me she wasn't going to take it to school.  I completely understood.  So it's safe to say they don't get their artistic-ness from me!

     Fast forward to current day.  When an opportunity to paint a heart at Children's Hospital was extended, Cora was so excited!  Cora had a beautiful white heart to paint anyway she chose.  While she was hard at work creating a masterpiece we were informed that once her heart was complete, dried, and glossed, it would be displayed in the cardiac unit.  I have to say this was one of Cora's best moments.  It was so pleasing to my heart to see how excited she was.  To see her infectious smile and hearing her little squeal as she learned it would be displayed with the famous artist, Mackenzie Thorpe, was like nothing I can explain.  I was in awe watching her paint this heart and as little hiccups arose she took them in stride....making them part of her painting.  One it is on display the hospital said they would send a picture...I will make sure to do a follow up blog when that happens....of course including pictures!!

    Below is a picture of the front of her masterpiece, stars, a cow, and the moon.  She was so inventive since they asked her to leave off her signature, she made the moon the letter C.  Such a creative and smart idea.  We are so grateful for the generosity of Cincinnati Children's Hospital, and so very grateful Cora had this opportunity!  As for me.....it is pleasing to the heart to see God's work!


Blessings until next time!
Drena
 


No comments:

Post a Comment