Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Outfit Of Strength!

   Being a CHD Momma seems to add pressure undiscovered daily!  Everyday I try to put on that outfit of strength.  I walk out my door ready to greet the world in my wrinkle free armor of strength, however within seconds....I feel like I've been stripped of my strength and invaded by the harshness of life!  I'm now standing at the door completely exposed to the world.  I'm fighting a battle every second of my day, unarmed and falling to pieces.

     It seems to begin early in the morning with Cora forgetting to take her medicine.  Reminding her constantly makes me feel like a nag. The kind reminders have now become loud lectures!  We are steps from being out the door and the discovery that she still didn't take her medication is realized.  That sets the dominos falling!  Now a homework assignment is just remembered and, of course, incomplete.  Of course, then it snowballs into the discovery that the lunch box was left on the kitchen table, not once but twice, and we have to beat feet back into the house.  This then triggers the, I need something else but it can't be found.  Then the the icing on my already crumbling cake.  An anxiety attack within Cora starts.  It's like the boogeyman is lurking around each corner, waiting for me!  He knows he can instill fear, and I can feel him trying to break me down.  He's prowling around trying to see how far he can push me until I break.  Quicker than a blink of an eye, reality hits, BOOM!  
     Now the stress of juggling everything is in full swing.  I must keep everything flowing so we don't run late for school.   I have to work with Cora during her anxiety attack, get the lunchbox from inside, keep each daughter moving forward, and somehow find a way to get her assignment completed within the next 27 minutes.  My armor of strength has disintegrated, and I'm barely hanging on!  The worst part, it's only 7am.

    I wish I could say everyday doesn't go this way, however that would be a lie!  Some days are far worse than others, but everyday is a struggle.  Everyday that strength of armor gets ripped, and I am beaten and worn down by the world.  Many nights I pray for rejuvenation and healing of my strength.  I beg for better ways to improve our mornings, and give praise that I seem to juggle it all and make it through.
  I get that everyone has their life's roller coasters rides, but lately I feel like I live on one.  Every time the ride stops the bar doesn't move and....I  simply can't step off the ride.  Quicker than a blink of an eye, reality hits again, BOOM!
     Motherhood is challenging yet reward within itself, but honestly there have been days that no matter how many prayers I pray, no matter how many self pick me up talks I have to do during my day, there are times I end my day deflated and beaten.  Despite all this there is still a silver lining for me!  God wakes me the next morning for another chance to be better, in everything, than I was the day before!  He breathes new hope in me, and believes in me!  So I shall rise tomorrow, wearing my armor of strength and see what the world awaits for me!

Blessings Until Next Time!
Drena

     


No comments:

Post a Comment