Saturday, July 20, 2013

Types of Congenital Heart Defects!

     I have had many ask me what type of congenital heart defect my daughter has, and how many are there?  Not being able to answer all those questions, as a CHD Heart Warrior Mom, I felt sad, so I decided I better do some research.  One of the first sites I discovered long ago that has wonderful information, pictures, and different types of Congenital Heart Defects is www.mayoclinic.com. 

     Listed below are 15 most common Congenital heart defects.  Please keep in mind that your CHD baby may have been born with only one defect or several defects.  Some defects may require little or no treatment while others may be life threatening and require surgery immediately upon birth. 

1.Tetralogy of Fallot
2. Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
3. Atrial Septal Defect
4. Patent ductus arterious
5. Tricuspid atresia
6. Atrioventricular canal defect
7. Ventricular septal defect
8. Transposition of the great arteries
9. Pulmonary stenosis
10. Truncus arterious
11. Patent foramen ovals
12. Ebstein's anomaly
13. Chambers & the valve of the heart
14. Pulmonary artresia
15. Coarctation of the aorta

Blessings until next time!
Drena


No comments:

Post a Comment