Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Momma Don't Worry!

     "Momma don't worry."  The last words my daughter said to me Monday as she headed off to heart camp.  Cora has been going to Camp Joy's Heart Camp for years but this past Monday I saw my baby girl, in a different light.  She let me into her world for just a short time!

     The entire ride up she sang her music and danced in her seat, and didn't stop smiling.  When we were almost there she asked me if I knew why she was so excited?  Before I could respond she opened up her feelings to me. 

     "Heart Camp means everything to me Mom. It's the one time of year I can be me, and everyone is ok with that."  She proceeded to tell me "I can just be me!"  
My sweet girl continued to tell me that this one week each year she fits in.  " I don't have to worry that I can't keep up, or that I am tired, it doesn't matter because other kids have the same issues.  The best part, Mom, I don't have to explain my issues or my scar."  
     The part that took my breathe away was when Cora said, " Once a year I get to feel normal.  I know I don't fit in my regular life, but this week, I fit in, and I love it.  No worries, no being different, just being me."  

     Once we got parked at camp I saw her transform from the emotionally up and down little girl I see almost daily,  to a vibrant, outgoing, happy preteen girl.  To see her her shine, if only for one week a year, the way she shined when I dropped her off Monday, is worth every difficult day in between.

I miss her dearly this week, but I know she is so happy and God is protecting her.

Blessings until next time.
Drena



No comments:

Post a Comment