Sunday, November 15, 2015

Inspiration For The Soul!

 
    I began this blog several years ago for many reasons.  I had visions of where this blog would go, and whom I may reach to lend support through our journey.  I prayed long and hard to make sure, this was the calling God was guiding me to.  My point of view is just that, a Congenital Heart Defect Parents view.  I can only share how I feel as a parent, and share our journey the way I live it.  
     I was so concerned when I began this blog.  I may share to much, not enough, offend people, and just look silly.  I feel like I have opened my mind and heart for all, and in return I have received so much from God and each of you.
     I have grown as a CHD parent through blog writing.  As I reflect, I think I can glimpse the vision God has laid before me.  I write to release! I write to grow!  I write to educate, bring awareness, and to motivate and inspire others.  Sharing our life and our struggles is a risk, for sure!  If opening up and sharing our ups and downs helps one family, I believe I've used my purpose God gave me. I want to bring hope and encouragement to people.  For those CHD parents who are close to their breaking point, I want to help inspire you! Let you all know that I get where you are coming from.  I too have been there, and still have many days where I struggle. I lived with fear, and the stigma to be that perfect, know everything, heart mom.  It's ok to be sad, angry, guilty, and numb all in a matter of minutes.  It's ok to be confused and feel helpless.  Just keep moving forward!  Remember that your little heart child needs you in so many ways. Not just to give medicine and keep their g tubes clean, but to just be Mom. To love them, laugh with them, and even cry with them.
     My dream to provide hope and spread awareness.  Even if it's just a glimmer in your dark time, I'm with you.  I've been in that dark place!  I prayed many prayers for just one person to sit with me, and let me cry on their shoulder.  So if you have that moment, I'm here!  Cry away, I understand completely!  Sharing will heal the soul!

     To that sweet girl I recently had a conversation with...you know who you are.... This is why I am doing this!  Be proud of you, you inspire me!!!  Wear that with pride!  Those scars aren't ugly!  They are Gods little reminder that you are his little gem of love!  

Blessings Until Next Time!
Drena

No comments:

Post a Comment