Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mother's Day Blessing!


   Happy Belated Mother's Day to all of the wonderful ladies celebrating this day! This year I saw and heard so many ads on the "perfect" gifts to get Mom.  As I sat watching and listening to these ads it hit me.......Mom's are only happy if given something.  We need flowers, jewelry, candies....you name it, us Mom's need it.  Are Moms really that materialistic?  I certainly hope NOT!  I certainly do not like what the media and retail has turned Mother's Day into.  All this hype got me thinking...what exactly DOES Mother's Day mean to me.  So here goes....

     Mother's day(s) are sacred moments throughout the year.  It shouldn't be just one day a year your child stops to recognize how awesome you are!  It should be the entire year.  
     Children recognizing and being grateful for what their Mom does only one day of the year, made me wonder if children are ungrateful the other 364 days?
     Personally I don't need those materialistic items to make me feel like a special Mom in their eyes.  Finding a little note written by my children on my pillow greeting me when I turn in for the night, is so thoughtful and wonderful!  A moment in a busy week when my child stops and gives me a hug....a special bonding moment! The thoughtful moment my daughter has when she empties the dishwasher and put the dishes away.  Getting another day with my CHD daughter.....priceless!  Having one of my girls yell from another room "I love you Momma."  Well that one of the best gifts I can receive!  
     God has made each Mother as unique as each child we are given wether by birth or adoption.  That alone is celebration for a Mother's Day everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment