Everyone hears that everyday is a reason to celebrate, right? It is a day God has given us to make a difference. A time for each of us to share God's son's story through our life. But how many CHD Parents, do you think, have said: Hey lets embrace and celebrate Congenital Heart Defects today? My guess, NONE!! Oh but there is my friend! There are so many reasons to embrace and celebrate Congenital Heart Defects each and everyday!
I know it sounds silly, maybe even a little crazy, but stay with me. Let me share 5 special reasons why I have embraced and continue to celebrate having a CHD child!
1. I wouldn't love as intensely as I do!
2. I have learned to embrace and celebrate every small victory! Without having a CHD daughter this wouldn't have happened. I would have continued being a big picture only kind of gal, and miss out on all the beautiful small blessings!
3. I have learned to not wish away the moments I'll probably want back one day. Good or bad they are moments special to me, that have in turn assisted in me being a better, more congenious Heart Momma.
4. I have found peace. Sure days are difficult and sometimes I struggle to make it through, but, looking at my 15 year old heart daughter.....I find peace. She keeps me grounded and pure! Without her, my journey would be troublesome and lost.
5. I'm aiding in bringing awareness on this scary and life threatening defect! Even though my part may be small, I believe sharing our journey helps raise awareness in some way to another.
I'm sure there are more reasons to celebrate, but these are five that I hold close when we have our rough days. Those moments when we feel we just can't put one more foot in front of the other!
I have learned to embrace having a daughter with a Congenital Heart Defect. Not because I have to! But because I was lucky enough to be chosen by God, to be her Momma! That alone, to me, is a reason to celebrate!
Blessings Until Next Time!