Monday, July 14, 2014

Fragile Emotions!


      It seems to be a reoccurring observation, by the doctors, when we go for our follow up visits.  I see it becoming more apparent but, I have convinced myself that it's due to......puberty!  It is time to face forward and pay attention.  I need to focus not just on the signs my daughter is giving me, but what multiple doctors are observing.

    You know it is never easy, even after all these years, to hear and learn that there are things going on that aren't normal for Cora.  Each time I am informed or educated about something new, it's like being hit in the gut.  It takes my breath away, it's hard to swallow, and then my mind goes crazy with random thoughts that I can't seem to organize.  The most important part of these days is making sure Cora is protected.  That is one thing I must brag about Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Their staff truly has the patients best care at heart.  When they drop their bombs on me, they do remove Cora. She usually tells me "They must like to spend time with me."  Making her feel like a million dollars every time we are there, is something I am so very grateful for!

     So as I sit down to write, I am reminded, though I am filled with sorrow and confusion, I am not alone!  I may not be ready to share the new discoveries just yet.  My emotions may be in a fragile state.  I may be struggling to process the new discoveries BUT........ Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath! Psalm 116:2.  
     Until I can organize and process all the information I have received, I must leave you to wonder.  But my friend please know, I will make sure to include you in our next phase on our journey together!


Blessings until next time!
Drena

No comments:

Post a Comment